5BM 2021 - 2022
Welcome to 5BM's Class Page!
Here you can access our weekly update, class spellings and homework.
Hello, my name is Miss Moulton and I am 5BM's class teacher. I have been teaching at Offley since 2016. I have taught in every year group since my return from maternity leave last November. Last year, I had a super time teaching across school as I got to know so many of the children. However, I am very pleased to have my own class this year and look forward to seeing them progress through out the year. My subject responsibility at school is PE, I share this role with Miss Burgess and Mrs Rae. Sport and Physical Activity is one of my biggest passions and I am so pleased to be able to lead the subject across school. This year I am introducing the Virtual School Mission to Offley to get as many of our children and staff active both inside and outside of school. Outside of school, I live with my partner and two children who keep me very busy.
- Our PE days are a Thursday and Friday. The children are allowed plain studs which must be removed or taped for PE as per the information on the newsletter. Hair must also be tied back for PE.
- Please bring a clean, clearly labelled water bottle to school each day.
- Please remember to bring your i-pad to school each day fully charged. This is really important as we use the i-pads for learning activities every day.
- Please bring a raincoat to school each day. We will try to get outside as much as possible, even in light rain so come prepared!
- Each Thursday morning will be our Timetables test.
- Our Autumn Term homework sheet and the children's weekly spelling lists are on Showbie and attached to the top of this class page.
- Over the next few weeks, weather depending, we are hoping to start clearing and preparing our garden area outside the year 5 classrooms. Please can I ask that the children bring in an old jumper, coat, long-sleeved top or shirt that they can put over their school clothes should the weather be clear enough for us to begin.
Weekly Update: (Week Ending 03.12.2021)
5BM have had another wonderful and very busy week, we are all definitely getting in the Christmas spirit!
In Maths this week, the children have started to learn about Bar and Part Part Whole Models and how they can be used to help solve calculations.
In English this week, the children have been completing their final piece of writing linked to our text 'The lost happy endings'. They have created some wonderful narratives about the demise of the witch which included some fantastic descriptive language. Next week, we will be upleveling and fixing our writing and presenting part of our narrative for display.
During the rest of the week, the children have: continued working on their Ancient Greek projects, they look fabulous and we can't wait for them to present them next week. In music they took part in drumming, practising all of the patterns ready for us to record next week. We have been practising ready for us to record our Christmas Production next week. Again this week, they have also continued to enjoy their sessions with Ben the cricket coach, practicing their catching and fielding skills.
Just a reminder to parents, homework and spellings have been set. These are at the top of this class page and also on Showbie. We would like the children to use Showbie to share their homework with us this term. If any paper or resources are needed, please just ask. It is super to see so many of the children have already completed some of the activities. Keep up the great work 5BM!
Star of the Week: Luci and Toby
Drummer of the week: Hannah and Jonathan
Have a lovely weekend.
Files to Download
5BM: News items
There are no News items to display
5BM: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
5BM: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
5BM: Events items
There are no Events items to display