5BM 2021 - 2022
Welcome to 5BM's Class Page!
Here you can access our weekly update, class spellings and homework.
Hello, my name is Miss Moulton and I am 5BM's class teacher. I have been teaching at Offley since 2017. I have taught in every year group since my return from maternity leave last November. Last year, I had a super time teaching across school as I got to know so many of the children. However, I am very pleased to have my own class this year and look forward to seeing them progress throughout the year. My subject responsibility at school is PE, I share this role with Miss Burgess and Mrs Rae. Sport and Physical Activity is one of my biggest passions and I am so pleased to be able to lead the subject across school. This year I am introducing the Virtual School Mission to Offley to get as many of our children and staff active as possible. Outside of school, I live with my partner and two small children who keep me very busy.
- Year 5 are currently all together in the hall whilst our classrooms are being worked on by the building contractors. As a result: Please can we ask that the children come into school in the morning in their PE kits on a Tuesday and Thursday as we do not have a changing space available. We will remind you to bring it back to school when we return to our normal class.
- Please bring a clean, clearly labelled water bottle to school each day.
- Please remember to bring your i-pad to school each day fully charged. This is really important as we use the i-pads for learning activities every day.
- Please bring a raincoat to school each day. We will try to get outside as much as possible, even in light rain so come prepared!
- The children are aloud plain studs which must be removed or taped for PE as per the information on the newsletter. Hair must also be tied back for PE.
- Each Thursday morning will be our Timetables test.
- Our first set of spellings and this terms homework grids will be handed out on the 17th of September.
Weekly Update: (w.b 13.09.2021)
We have had a lovely week in Year 5, the children have adapted quickly to working in our temporary classroom. Myself, Mrs Hankinson and Mr Mason have been very impressed with all their hard work and this week and we all look forward to seeing them grow and progress in the coming weeks.
In Maths this week, we have been learning how to read, write, compare, order and spot patterns in numbers up to 1,000,000. The children particularly enjoyed the place value dice game with a partner. The children had to take it in turns to roll a dice and see which partner could create the largest 6-digit number. Next week in Maths, we will be comparing and solving problems using numbers up to 1,000,000. We hope to begin our next unit of work 'addition and subtraction' before the end of next week.
In English, we have started reading our new Pathways to Write book 'Queen of the Falls by Chris Van Allsburg'. The children have used some wonderful descriptive vocabulary to write a post card home to a friend describing what it would be like to visit Niagara Falls. We have also completed a character study for Annie Edson Taylor the daredevil of our story. Next week we will be focusing on securing the children’s sentence structure and we will be writing letters in role.
This week, homework sheets and spellings have been set. These are at the top of this class page and also on Showbie. We would like the children to use Showbie to share their homework with us this term. If any paper or resources are needed, please just ask.
Star of the Week: Charnley
Drummer of the Week: Jasmine
We hope you have a lovely weekend.
5BM: News items
There are no News items to display
5BM: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
5BM: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
5BM: Events items
There are no Events items to display