Pre-School 2023 - 2024
This term our topic is ‘Lets Celebrate.’ We have been exploring a variety of stories such as ‘We’re going on a leaf hunt’ by Steve Metzger, ‘Spinderella’ by Julia Donaldson, ‘Dipal’s Diwali’, ‘Stick Man’ by Julia Donaldson and ‘The Nativity Story’ by Juliet David. These texts are tool to spark children’s interests, conversations and to develop the children’s understanding of the different celebrations that people can partake in during this time of year.
- Phonics -As we progress into Autumn 2, we will be continuing to focus on Phase 1 phonics. We will be playing lots of speaking and listening games to help the children focus their attention on different voices, instrumental sounds, and different sounds they can hear all around them in the environment. We will also be focusing on body percussion (e.g. clapping and stamping). As part of our daily routine we use many opportunities to also listen for rhyming words, to hear initial sounds of words and to hear blending in order to give children regular practice to focus their attention and develop their listening skills.
- Maths– We will be singing lots of different finger rhymes with numbers to 5 and using props e.g. such as 5 speckles frogs, 5 cheeky monkeys. We will be focusing on being able to say one number name for each item and then knowing that the last number reached when counting a small set of objects tells you how many there are in total (cardinal principle).
The final number tells us how many.
 was the final number.
There are [5 ‘insert noun’}
- Physical Development- we will be continuing to focus on developing the children’s independent skills such as pouring their own drinks, washing their own hands, putting on their clothes and zipping their coats. Also being able to understand why these skills are important. We will also be carrying out fun strengthening activities such as Scrimbling and squiggle while you wiggle to help strengthen the muscles in the children’s arms and hands which is vital when getting ready to write. As we prepare for our Christmas workshop the children will also be learning to use and remember sequences of movement.
Our Special Themes:
All about Autumn/All About Winter
Bonfire Night (Fire Safety)
Anti-Bullying Week/Acts of Kindness
Nursery Rhyme Week
Children in Need
Celebrating our similarities and differences
- Please ensure all uniform and belongings are named. Jumpers, cardigans, gloves, hats and so forth easily get lost and are tricky to find if not labelled.
- Please leave toys and teddies at home to avoid them becoming lost or stolen. Everything we will need is here at school.
- Books will be changed weekly e.g. if your child is in preschool on a Monday their book will be changed the following Monday e.g. if your child’s first day is a Wednesday then their book will be changed the following Wednesday.
- Tuesday 12th December we are holding a Christmas Workshop for our preschool parents to attend. Please respond as soon as possible if you are able or are not able to attend. At the end of the workshop the children will be singing a couple songs and performing a dance.
Thank you for visiting our class page and a huge thank you for your continued support.
Preschool Team :-)
Pre-School: News items
There are no News items to display
Pre-School: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Pre-School: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Pre-School: Events items
There are no Events items to display