Year 5 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 5!
We are really excited about the wonderful year we are going to have and all the amazing learning and activities we are going to do.
Mrs Hankinson will be teaching 5HM on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Mr Mason will be teaching on a Friday.
Miss Wing will be teaching 5NW all week.
We are also really lucky to have Mrs Robson supporting in our class during some sessions.
Week Ending 26th May
Wow! What a busy and exciting week in Year 5. Highlights of the week have been:
On Monday, we welcomed visitors from some of our families to come in and help us with a sewing workshop. The children had designed a reading cushion made from up-cycled fabric and we really enjoyed having help to begin making these. The cushions will be sent home over the half term for anyone who would like to complete them at home.
On Wednesday, we thoroughly enjoyed a visit from the author Lisa Thompson, hearing about her life journey to becoming an author and the inspiration behind her books. We were even able to purchase a signed copy!
In the afternoon, we were blessed with sunshine for our local 'Welly Walk', we explored the local area, identifying different land uses in Sandbach so we can then compare to the Peak District.
Wishing everyone a relaxing and enjoyable half term break.
Well done everyone!
Stars of the week this week are :
- PE will be on a Thursday. Please come into school dressed in your PE kit on that day.
- PE kit is the new uniform style PE kit or plain black shorts/joggers/leggings with a plain white round neck t-shirt. A plain black hoody or sweatshirt may also be worn. No football kits can be worn!
- Outdoor trainers must be worn.
- No jewellery, including earrings or watches to be worn on PE day. Hair must also be tied back.
- Please bring a clean, clearly labelled water bottle to school each day. No juice please.
- Remember to bring your I-pad to school each day fully charged. This is really important as we use the I-pads for learning activities every day. There will not be an opportunity to charge your I-pad in school unless you are a pupil who, by prior arrangement, does not take theirs home.
- Please bring a raincoat to school each day. We will try to get outside as much as possible, even in light rain so come prepared!
Hello everyone! After graduating with a degree in ICT and Education 20 years ago (start guessing my age), I completed a PGCE at MMU and have been teaching ever since. My favourite subject to teach is Art and I quite like maths too, which is funny because it was my worst subject when I was at school. I love my job, not just for those "lightbulb moments" but for the fun and laughs we get to have every day! When I am not teaching, I am looking after my two wonderful children who are 8 and 6, they certainly keep me on my toes! I love to go walking with our black lab, Buddy, travelling to new places and having fun with my family. I have thought of three interesting things to tell you about me which you might not know: 1. I have jumped out of an aeroplane! 2. I have heli-hiked on top of a glacier in New Zealand. 3. I am really interested in gardening!
I have now been at Offley for nearly ten years! I graduated over 20 years ago with a degree in Primary Education and I haven't looked back since! My favourite subjects to teach are History and RE, although I enjoy teaching across the board. I am an avid rugby fan and although I hung my boots up years ago, I get great pleasure in watching my son play and going to support our team as a family...Sale Sharks!! I love reading and I run to keep my sanity!
Hi everyone! I have graduated with a degree in Primary Education from the University of Chester and am very excited to start my teaching career at Offley. I love teaching English and my favourite subject is RE. Outside of school, I love going on long walks with my dog, Harvey. I also love reading and am always looking for new book recommendations. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and having a fantastic year!
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Events items
There are no Events items to display