Year 6 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 6!
Meet the Year 6 Team:
Miss Moulton (6BM Class Teacher)
Hello! I am Miss Moulton, I am very pleased to have moved up with this year group to Year 6, it is a privilege to be their teacher for a second year. This is my sixth year of teaching at Offley, in my time at the school I have taught in every year group across KS2. I currently leading PE in school alongside Mrs Rae. Outside of school, I am kept very busy by my two children.
Mr Lamb (6LF Class Teacher)
Hi. I am Mr Lamb and I'm very excited to be teaching in Year 6 again this year. This will be my fourth year teaching at Offley. Previous to Offley, I have taught in Manchester, Slovakia, Kent, and in Japan over a total period of 15 years. I have primarily taught in Year 6, and have led a range of subjects, including science and maths, which I will now be leading alongside Mrs Furlong.
I have two young children, who attend school in Alsager, one who is in Year 4 and the other who is in Year 2. I enjoy running, cycling, reading and spending time with my family.
Mrs Furlong (6LF Class Teacher)
Other adults who might work with us:
Mrs Maddox, Mrs Bennion, Mrs Hirst, Mrs Taylor, Mrs Badger, Mrs Kirkham.
- Our PE day is a Wednesday, so you should come to school already dressed for PE. Also, please ensure your hair is tied back, earrings are removed and no other accessories are worn, e.g. Fitbits
- You will need your iPad in school every day and you should ensure that is charged ready to be used.
- Please make sure you bring a waterbottle and weather appropriate clothing to school with you each day.
- Our weekly Times tables Test will be on a Thursday and our Spelling Test will take place on a Friday. The spellings will be uploaded to the website and Showbie, starting on Friday 16th September.
- Our PPA will be on Thursday afternoons and this will be covered by Mrs Hirst in 6BM and Mrs Bennion in 6LF.
We will be updating this webpage each week with information about what we have been learning and any other useful or important information.
Weekly Update: (W.E 30.09.2022)
We have had another super week in Year 6! As I'm sure you are aware, the children who have applied to be prefects have been completing tasks and taking part in interviews this week. Mrs McLoughlin and Mr Mason have both said how fantastic all the children have been throughout the process. We will be letting the children know the outcome of the interviews on Monday.
In English this week, we have continued to explore our pathways text 'Star of fear. Star of hope.' We have been writing passive voice sentences based on images from the book. Next week, we will finish reading our text and also begin planning our own stories with a flash back.
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6: Events items
There are no Events items to display