Remote Learning Plan
During Covid 19 our school is offering remote learning to any children who may need to slef-isolate due to contact with someone with the virus or being tested positive. We also offer this during any National Lockdown where school is only open to critical workers and vulnerable children.
Here are some websites that may be helpful:
Additional online Resources across all subjects
- LGFL Lots of resources can be accessed and in the event of closures most of these resources will be accessible without a login. Search by subject or key stage. As some resources are designed to be teacher led, a new filter has been added in the subject drop down menu, allowing you to select an option for Home Learning. You can also use key stage dropdown to highlight resources that are age appropriate for home learning.
- Busy Things – Fun educational resources especially good for Early Years and KS1. Parents can register for a 7 day free trial or login with the children’s LGFL logins or QR codes and passwords.
- Twinkl – Free instant access to interactive activities, resource packs, PowerPoints and worksheets across the whole curriculum. Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS and then visit the Parents Hub.
- TTS have put together free EYFS, KS1 and KS2 Learning packs.
- Topmarks – interactive games and resources across the curriculum.
- Newsround – keep up-to-date with the latest news.
- Brain pop – Make any room a classroom
- Downloadable packs – packs for every year group
- Clicker – Writing support for all ages
- Premier League stars – Learn across the curriculum with sporting stars!
- Brain Pop – lots of games and activities to support all subjects
- BBC radio – Fantastic resources to listen to
- PlanBee – sign up to get resources to support learning across the curriculum
- Play Book Bingo – Competition open until 30th August 2020….
- Take the 30 day creativity challenge
- Oak Academy (online resources and lessons) Parents information Online classroom
- BBC Bitesize Primary school online lessons
- Premier League Primary Stars Learn across the curriculum with some well known faces
- Toy Theatre Educational games across the curriculum
- Dorling Kindersley Find Out – Got a question? You can probably find the answer out here!
- 20 Virtual Trips– From Aquariums to zoos!
- Take a trip around Buckingham Palace
- Britannica school – learning from The Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Join the Friday Family Challenge – from Premier League Stars
- Explore the world with The Horniman Museum
- Investigate the Family Learning Hub from IXL
- TTBlast on LGFL – choose your timetables to practise. (Login using LGFL or use without login)
- Times Table Rockstars are offering full free access to times table practice.
- NRICH – Click on the primary hub to access maths problem solving activities for children.
- Topmarks Daily Ten and other maths games.
- Maths playground – Interactive maths games
- ICT Games – interactive Maths games.
- CrickWeb – interactive cross curricular activities
- Mathsframe – Hundred of maths games
- Sumdog – Online games and activities – all free of charge at the moment.
- Emile – Online maths activities.
- The Maths Factor – Free online maths lessons from Carol Vordeman
- Lego Maths – See how much you can learn with the simple Lego brick!
- Times tables quizzes (with answers!)
- More times tables games
- ThirdSpaceLearning – click here for instructions to set up your free account
- Chess – Learn to play the ultimate strategy game
- White Rose Maths – Maths for every year group
- My Money – Resources to support using money from Young Enterprise
- The Fiver challenge
- Join the Maths World Cup
- Teach your monster to read – Suitable for children from Nursery, Reception and KS1
- Authorfy – Masterclasses with authors and creative writing activities
- First News ihub – KS2 children have logins for this – access reading comprehension activities with instant marking and feedback
- ICT Games – reading, handwriting, phonics and writing activities
- Phonics play Phonics games and activities- currently free access to the whole site
- Reading Zone Live – authors, writing and poetry
- Spell Blast on LGFL – practise your spellings (Login using LGFL or use without login)
- Oxford Owls Free e books for children aged 3-11
- Love my books – activities for children from 0-9 and links to you tube book readings.
- Epic books – free access to lots of books for children of all reading abilities
- David Walliams – listen to David read a story every day
- Audible – Free stories to stream in 6 languages
- Teach your child to Read Free e books with guidance, (previously £47)
- Reading for Pleasure Ideas to support you to love books!
- Classic Reads Read along with some classic full length stories
- Authors telling stories – listen to real authors read their books online
- Roald Dahl activities – Exciting things to do indoors with all of your favourite characters
- Harry Potter at home – Bring the magic of Hogwarts to your front room….
- Go on a Bear Hunt with Michael Rosen
- Discovering Books – Learn to draw the Gruffalo,create a miniature book and make a talking animal
- Talk for writing – units for every year group.. Easy to follow, fun to do! Batch 2
- LitFilmFest – films made by children for children
- Books Trust – fun at home with authors and illustrators
- Globe TV treat yourself to a little Shakespeare…
- SpellingFrame – Learn and practise spelling rules
- First News – free downladable newspapers (Links with ihub for KS2)
- 500 word story writing competition – If you could go absolutely anywhere, where would that be and why?
- Dance-mat Typing skills –this is a great opportunity for children to improve their typing skills.
- Code Club self-led coding projects using Scratch or HTML/CSS projects for KS2.
- Scratch – children can watch the tutorials and practise their skills. They can set up their own accounts with parental permission. For KS1 we recommend Scratch Junior which is a free app on ipads and tablets (but not PC’s yet). You can view these free tutorials and activities to get you started.
- Code.org You can use hour of code or sign up for a free coding course. These courses are self-led and age appropriate and are brilliant for developing vital debugging skills.
- Learn to code and more with Rapberry Pi (Parents’ guides and support here too!)
- Learn Digital Skills with BT
- ThinkuKnow – a great website to work through age appropriate online safety activities with your children with Home Activity packs and parents’ guides updated fortnightly.
- BBC Own It! – Useful advice and games for upper KS2 children.
- NFU Education – Science and STEM resources.
- Topmarks Science
- Wow Science
- Plants and Growing food – Find out more about where our food comes from
- Watch animals – LIVE from Edinburgh zoo. (Penguins, pandas, tigers and koalas)
- Experiments you can do at home
- Find out about Space – all of NASA’s resources are now free to look at
- More animals – this time feeds from Australian zoos
- Primary Science resources – ideas for all National Curriculum topics
- Take part in the City Nature Challenge 2020
- Zoo School! Join educators from London Zoo fro games, activities and live tours!
- STEM resources (science, technology, engineering and maths) KS1 KS2
- National Geographic Kids – games, competitions and interesting fact files.
- Mapping activities
- Local area scavenger hunt
- Weather activities
- Fieldwork lessons– live online with downloadable supports
- Kew Gardens virtual tour – See a whole world of wonders from your sofa!
- Weather experiments from the Met Office
- Duolingo Keep up with your French learning – tres bon!
- BBC French – Get active with your greetings! Bonjour!
- British Museum Take a trip round the British museum and see presentations.
- How has life changed within living memory? Learn History with Mr T
- Live History lesson from a WW2 Bunker (needs Facebook access)
- Tutankhamun virtual tour
- Explore famous galleries and picture collections
- Online drawing lessons
- Make your own playdough and create your own sculptures
- Draw with Rob – Learn some amazing drawing techniques a step at a time
- Get creative with hand and foot prints
- Visit the Picasso exhibition at the Royal Acacdemy
- Draw with John Simple tutorials to improve your art skills
- Join Katherine’s Art Club
- Take part in the Hockney Art Challenge
- Have a go at some Paper Crafts
- Exciting opportunities from the National Society for Education in Art and Design For Reception and KS1 &2
- Free live musical events
- Music from The Royal Albert Hall- See what’s going on – for free!
- Have a singsong – with words and music. Updated weekly!
- Junior music at home
- Mindful Monsters Magical family moments
Active activities! – Aim for 60 minutes of activity each day…..
- BBC supermovers – great ideas for learning whilst keeping your children active.
- Cosmic kids – yoga and mindfulness fun for children
- Joe Wicks Body coach – Online PE lessons at 9am
- Go Noodle – movement and mindfulness for the whole family
- 10 Minute movers simple and quick activities to keep active
- Change4life reasons to get moving…!
- 5 a day fitness Use the Username EPS3 and the password O1Puzkq1
- Easy sports activities Download and give them a go
- Yoga at home